Sunday 8 January 2017

Day 2

Today was such a fantastic day! After a wonderful breakfast, SCG was ready for a day at the Ranguana Caye. The boat ride was about an hour long and our destination looked like a dot at the start. Approaching the caye, you could just tell it was a tropical paradise. Once we got to the island we explored as we impatiently waited for snorkeling. Since we had a large group, our great guides (Ron and Tony) took us out to a spectacular reef. It was just about a 5 minute boat ride. We suited up with our flippers, goggles, and our life jackets. Once I jumped into the water and looked down into the water, I can’t express another word other than breath-taking! I’ve been snorkeling before {4 years back} and the experience was nothing compared to what I was able to see today. The corals/reefs were big and just spectacular. Whenever we waited for our whole to get in the water I was able to spot a starfish! Our guide went down to get which was awesome to hold. We were able to see the most bright and beautiful colors of the fish. The awesome guides would be looking around to show us well-known fish and would dive down to point them out. I was able to see 2 “good” sharks and also a sting ray. This snorkeling adventure is honestly one of top memories EVER! We headed back to the island where we had another great meal along with meeting the friendly parrot “Blue” {who was actually green}. I also was able to go paddle boarding {one of my favs} and kayaking. I had such a wonderful time at the island and can’t wait to see all the pictures thanks to Tessa and Alissa. On the boat ride back, I talked to Claudia {one of the undergrads attending TAMIU} about what grad school at TAMUK is like and got to know each other little more. Once we arrived back at Placencia, I tried my first ever cup of gelato and it absolutely delicious {thumbs up to you Dr. Al}. Arriving at our “house” I was so exhausted that I took a nap and then woke up to have dinner but before dinner was a session of “speed dating” with the TAMIU girls. All were so sweet but Michelle was my lucky one. I can’t wait to share stories with her and try my best to answer any questions. Until tomorrow…!

No comments:

Post a Comment